Domain Transfer Check List
In order to complete a domain transfer successfully from your current registrar to PAKNIC, you need to be sure of the following items:
1. You are the OWNER/Registrant or Admin Contact of the domain name and your email address is listed in domain WHOIS record accordingly. In order to complete your domain name Registrar Transfer, we require approval from the domain's Registrant/Administrative Contact, this request is sent in an e-mail. If the e-mail address is invalid on the current domain registration information, your transfer may be denied.
2. "Domain Lock" must be disabled BEFORE you submit for the transfer. (you must go to your current registrar to find out if this has been disabled on your domain)
3. You can NOT transfer an expired domain. Expired domain names go to Redemption Period for 30-45 days or even longer and cannot be transferred.
4. One Year Auto-Renewal/Extension with transfer. In most of the cases, each domain transferred to PAKNIC will be automatically renewed for another 1 year from the current expiration date unless domain is under conditions which do not allow 1 year extensions as per transfer agreement.
Registry services can also Deny a Change Registrar Request if:
- Invalid or missing Auth Code is provided.
- Domain owner can not accept e-mail to his administrative contact record e-mail address. (you may view the current registration information by going to your current registrar and performing a "WHOIS" on your domain)
- Domain payment is not current - expired domains can NOT be transferred.
- A domain cannot be transferred within the first 60 days after it has been registered. Transfers within the first 60 days will be automatically declined. However initiating a transfer will cause you to be charged through us.
- Domain is involved in a legal dispute, if your domain is the subject of a litigation, involved in a bankruptcy, trademark dispute, or dispute over ownership of registrant your request will be declined.
- Domain is locked.
- If domain registrant information was changed within 60 days without asking transfer lock opt-out from the current registrar.
Please be sure to follow complete directions when you receive the email for approval of the transfer. If you encounter any problems please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org