There could be several reasons why you may not be able to transfer your domain are:
- The domain status is clientTransferProhibited, also known as "Registrar-Lock" status. Please unlock your domain before attempting to continue the domain transfer.
- The email address listed in the Whois directory is not valid. Please update the email address in the Whois by contacting your current domain registrar.
- The transfer has not been authorized yet. Please check your email for the authorization email.
- You have not provided the authorization code for the domain. Please retrieve the auth code from the current domain registrar.
- The domain expired before the transfer was initiated. Domain transfers do not officially "start" until the transfer has been authorized. Therefore, if your domain expires before the domain transfer has been initiated, there is a possibility that your domain transfer will be denied even if you submit a domain transfer order before the expiration date.
- The domain was newly registered. Newly registered domains cannot be transferred to a new domain registrar until after its first 60 days.
Please give yourself enough time (about 2-3 weeks) when you submit your domain transfer order so that your domain does not expire while we are attempting to authorize the transfer.